CLC produces a variety of publications related to children's rights issues and the work of the centre. These are available below, or hard copies can be obtained by contacting us.
Do You Know Your Rights? Leaflets
If you would like to learn more about your rights, click on the links below to access our handy leaflets.
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Being Looked After/Being in Care
- The Human Rights Act
- Mental Health Law
- Social Security Benefits
- Suspensions and Exclusions from School
- Family Law
For information on the work of centre click on the links below to view our Annual Reports.
- Annual Report 2008-09
- Annual Report 2009-10
- Annual Report 2010-11
- Annual Report 2011-12
- Annual Report 2012-13
- Annual Report 2013-14
- Annual Report 2014-15
- Annual Report 2015-16
Every year CLC invites a leading figure to deliver a lecture on children's rights issues. These are available to read by clicking the links below:
- 2006: Inaugural Annual Lecture by Baroness Hale of Richmond - Making Children's Rights Real
- 2007: Thomas Hammarberg, Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights - The Impact of Conflict on Children: Healing the Past and Securing the Future
- 2008: Professor Yanghee Lee, Chairperson, United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child - “The Convention on the Rights of the Child – from Geneva to Northern Ireland, Bringing Children’s Rights Home”
- 2009: President of Ireland, Mary McAleese – “Children’s Rights – A Foundation for Peace”
- 2010: Maud de Boer-Buquicchio, Deputy Secretary General of the Council of Europe – “The Protection of Children’s Rights in European Justice Systems”
- 2011: Professor Marta Santo Pais, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Violence Against Children – “Protecting Children from Violence, a Human Rights Imperative”
- 2012: Professor Manfred Nowak, Professor of International Law and Human Rights, University of Vienna, Director, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights, Former Un Special Rapporteur on Torture
- 2013: Dr Jean Zermatten, Chairperson of United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child - "The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child: A Legally Binding Instrument. Obligations of the States Parties"
- 2014: Professor Juan E Mendez, Special Rapporteur on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment - "Mental Health in Juvenile Detention: A Preventative and Human Rights Based Approach"
Do You Know Your Rights Leafets: £4 per set +p&p
At what Age Poster: £1 each +p&p
CHALKY Information Materials: FREE
Posters, Fliers, Cards etc
(all materials are available free of charge to children and young people on the basis of one set per person)